Hard Reset iPhone 12
There are situations when you need to reset your iPhone 12 to its factory settings, for example, when you want to sell or give it away to someone else. Resetting the device will erase all personal data and restore the original settings. Here are the steps to perform a factory reset on your iPhone 12:
- Backup your data: Before resetting your device, make sure to backup your important data to iCloud or your computer. This will allow you to restore your data later.
- Turn off Find My iPhone: If you have enabled the Find My iPhone feature, turn it off by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My > Find My iPhone.
- Erase all data: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode, Apple ID, or iPhone password when prompted.
- Confirm reset: Once you have entered your password, confirm that you want to erase all data by tapping on “Erase iPhone”.
- Wait for reset: Your iPhone will now reset to its factory settings, which may take a few minutes.
- Set up your iPhone: Once the reset is complete, you can set up your iPhone as new or restore it from your backup.
By following these steps, you can easily reset your iPhone 12 to its factory settings. Please note that resetting your device will erase all personal data, so make sure to backup your data before proceeding.